12.09.2012

Weekly Challenge #98


This is the first time I'll be participating in the weekly zentangle challenge set by The Diva.  I discover Zentangle a couple of weeks ago and it 'spoke' to me straight away. I love patterns and I've always loved 'doodling' patterns. But the last years I kinda forgot that love. Reading about this form of drawing immediately inspired me to pick up a pen and have a go. I love how I can get lost in drawing, forget about time and space and just focus on the pen strokes. Sometimes I only make time for a few minutes of drawing and sometimes I can spend hours on one piece.
I haven't found any of the official supplies around here, but that's fine. I got some good pens and a black piece of paper seems to work great for me. I've been working on an amazing christmas ornaments the last weeks, a combination of the pattern drawing and origami. Will post those later when I have made time to take some pictures (and seeing that my dad borrowed my good camera, taking nice pictures is a little bit of a challenge).

Here's my entry for this weeks challenge. Not only did I use a new tangle it was also the first time I stepped away from the square shape as my canvas and the first time I didn't use a string. A lot of firsts, and eventhough I can see (quite) a few flaws in it, I love it! I will definitely be trying more of these pieces.



6 comments:

Sherrie and Becky said...

delightful take on keenees

Sherrie and Becky said...

delightful

Anne's tangle blog said...

Wat een prachtige zia heb je gemaakt! Leuk weer een Nederlandse erbij te zien.

ledenzer said...

Gracefully gorgeous and inviting study of tangled beauty!

Helen said...

so wonderful and delicate - I love it :)

Alice said...

very beautiful and elegant!