1.27.2012

In the making - portraits of women

I decided to step away from my 'normal' style and start working on something I've been wanting to learn for a long time.
I'm kinda really not good at drawing people, the few times I have succeeded was more due to luck and a 'perfect' moment then major skill. I haven't given myself the time to sit down and practice. So I made a compromise with myself (don't you love those 'conversations' with yourself? lol). I start with the things I am good at, or semi good at least. Which is drawing hair and the facial shape, in a sketched/ line drawing look, it's actually looks quite nice! It's still a work in progress but I kinda like the idea of no facial features and having the emphasis on the hair and a piece of clothing.

Miranda
Elaine
Madeline


No comments: