10.03.2011

Pumpkins


When I grew up we had hardly heard of Halloween 'the American way', but my mother always loved 'dressing up' the house with pumpkins and chinese lanterns (the plant that is). I loved it! And still do. When Halloween became more known here it was obvious I would try my hand at carving pumpkins, at that time I worked in healthcare with people with a mental disability and for the years I worked there it was a wonderful activity and became a tradition to make as many carved pumpkins as we could.
So I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise that when I started making designs for microstock and POD sites one of my first things to make for Halloween were Jack o Lanterns. No really scary ones, just cute and adorable. Although some of them seem to be quite grumpy and angry even! (yes they took on a life of their own).




No comments: